Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday - a photo montage

Today is Sunday,
and here is a photo montage of the activities that unfolded here at home in Maxeys.
I had some work to do gathering wood out of the woodpile to paint on.
And I kept seeing things worth a snapshot. Enjoy...

First, here is a picture of what my husband has done to our backyard.
His favorite thing to do right now is move earth around.
At least there's no grass to mow.

I went to the woodpile to gather some boards to paint on, Frida joined me.
Next to the woodpile, there was the sweetest little violet growing all by itself.
I walked the property line and in a muddy spot I saw lots of footprints.
Lots of cat and dog ones, but also little raccoon prints.
They have little hands like ours!Next to the raccoon prints is a wisteria patch along the fence line.
It only looks beautiful this time of the year.
I wish you could smell the delicate sweet fragrance through this photo.

By then I had gathered up my wood and
got to work on sawing it into paintable pieces.
I noticed these buzzards watching me,
hoping I would mortally injure myself so they could swoop in and have supper.

But as you can see, I was wearing all the proper safety protection -
gloves, respirator, and goggles - no injuries were sustained, sorry buzzards.
I get into my power tools.

4 comments:

Beth Cyr said...

aw, monica, look how cute you are!

Monica Jones said...

It must be the pink respirator you think is cute...safety first!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha..yes you do! I LOVE your kitty!!!

~Deena Parham

kristen said...

very nice final shot!
jamie has cleared out that back yard-- WOW!